Going out to a club to dance is a way different experience now then when I was in my 20s. I remember I used to party at home first, pump some music and rally up as a pre-game routine.
Here’s a shot of my pre-game warm up now.
It’s brutal thinking about leaving the house at 9pm (bedtime) in the cold, dark night to go somewhere all by myself and not know what I’m getting in to or if it will be worth it.
THINGS I LOVED THAT MADE LEAVING THE HOUSE SO WORTH IT!!!
1. My friend and music collaborator Terron Sutton was there in full effect. He was shocked to see me but will soon learn that when Mama Pdog says she’s turning up, you can count on it.
2. The venue, Central Spac. They poured such stiff drinks that for the first time in my life I had to ask the bartender to add more coke to my scotch. That’s a huge compliment coming from The Dog. Then I loved that when I stopped drinking and asked for water an hour before my drive home, they gave me a big icey cold one on the house. THAT is how it’s done.
3. Uh… the MUSIC. Hells yeah 2013 is gonna be a good year when you start it off like that. Badman Brooks heated up the crowd like The Gas Company on Christmas. Mama Pdog LOVES a LIVE ACT and Grand Life had me hollarin with hands up. Mad props to Random Citizens for having the good sense to bring in The Brians, Danny Para and Justin Credible. Marvel The Gr8 stepped up and you should all check out his music videos. Love Sippin’!
4. I made new friends. This is CC.
I saw CC smiling at me on the dance floor. Later in the ladies room when we met she said, “When I saw you out there I told my friend ‘I love her. She’s dancin!’” That just made me happy cause I love to dance. I’ll do it whether people are feelin me or not but I like it a whole lot better when we all get our swerve on together. Ladies, be like CC and support your local booty shakers.
5. MAMA Pdog STEPPED OUT. You knew it had to happen. I dug for them in my bag while Franchel and Yana Marie (more new friends) waited in anticipation, “What’s she got in that purse!?”. Voila! The grills came out. I even freestyled on the sidewalk while somebody beat boxed. I didn’t even know I had it in me that night. But you never know what could happen when…
MAMA Pdog STEPS OUT!